Can you believe 2015 is almost over? I can't. 2015 was my first year of regular craft project blogging on this site. With the new year of projects approaching, I would like to take a moment to highlight some of the tutorial projects I brought to you in 2015. So sit back, grab a cup of coffee and dive in.
1. Got baskets? 19+ Uses for Empty Baskets via Hometalk.
A freebie craft project with serious impact!
This was a super popular post and for good reason. Super easy and uses everyday materials for a huge impact.
I found this basket for a few bucks at a thrift store and challenged myself to give it a makeover using only supplies I already had at home. It's sitting on my buffet now and I still receive compliments on it.
6. DIY: Transforming Plain Glass Containers Into Embellished "Mercury" Glass
I challenged myself with this diy to match a pricier decorative piece on hand. Warning: once you learn this paint trick you may become addicted.
7. DIY Upcycle: Transform Cast Off Glass Containers & Vases Into A "Tuscan" Treasure
Inspired by Pottery Barn's "Tuscan Urns" I re-imagined my friend's cast offs and inexpensive dollar store glass.
8. DIY Decorative Flag Banner & The Mystery Supply Challenge
I received a "mystery" supply box in the mail that contained markers, a t-shirt, buttons and etc. I turned it into a decorative name banner.
9. The Borei Design Chair at SK
I was so humbled and AMAZED when a fellow blogger SK on Elderberry breathed new life into an old chair after being inspired by my website graphics! It took my breath away!
10.The Great Tin Can Gathering: A Gazillion & One Amazing Upcycle Projects
This was a a feature I did in conjunction with Hometalk and it includes more than 21 ways to upcycle cans in unique new ways.
I completely revamped and an old chalkboard and created a new one as well.
Dozen Year Old Chalkboard Update & Lettering Tutorial
12. Quick Scrappy Can Upcycle, Fabric Yo Yo and Chalkboard Tag Tutorial
This new "change" can has worked wonders and combating loose change being left around my home.
13. Life on A Southern Porch Part 1: Going "Haint Blue" & "Charleston Green"
I painted a front door with a color steeped in history for major impact.
14. Life On A Southern Porch Part 2: DIY Table Cloth Pillows & Charleston Green Wicker Furniture UpcycleI breathed new life to a porch by remaking garage sale castoff wicker with paint and outdoor pillows made from inexpensive picnic style tablecloths.
15. Upcycling Plastic Ice Cream Buckets Into New Storage Containers for Craft Projects, Laundry Detergent and More!
I showed you how to remove old and add new graphics to plastic ice cream buckets to create organizational storage totes.
I showed you how to use an old trick-or-treat bucket as a mold for a chic new pumpkin vase or container and it was featured on lots of sites and magazines!
Inspired by Anthropolgie's Plains Traveler Bust Elephant for my daughter's room and shared the pattern.
18. I SERIOUSLY got my "Swede" on in honor of my husband's family ....
19. Easy Peasy DIY Reusable Coffee Sleeves and Little House on the Prairie® Andover Fabrics
I created and shared a free pattern with instructions on how to create your own reusable coffee sleeves.
20. I brought DIY wrapping hacks.
How To Make A Gazillion and One Gift Bags For a Buck!
Easy Recycled Vintage Book Page Gift Tags
21.How To Make Your Own Paper Clay
When I figured out this one, it was a total game changer that opened up a world of possibilities.
22.Creating A Rustic Paper Mache Owl Sculpture
He was so cute! The pics did not do him justice. He is now nesting on a shelf at my Mother-in-law's.
23. Easy DIY Paper Mache Monogram Wine Cork Holder
Last but not least, I gave you a reason to save all those wine corks in the coming year and display them in a unique new way.
Now that I am closing this post, I'm finding myself surprisingly sentimental. I have really enjoyed my crafting adventures over this past year and I hope you have as well. I want to thank my readers, fellow bloggers and Hometalk.com from the bottom of my heart for joining and supporting me. I hope you will return and join me for new adventures in 2016.
What to see even more? This is part of the Southern Hospitality Top Projects of 2015 and the You're Gonna Love It Tuesday Blog Hops. Through these links you can check out the projects of many other great bloggers!
topics: #diy #crafts #projects #tutorials #recycled #upcycled #recycling #upcycling #home #decor #how #make